1. Jeff Gerstmann has a blog up. People speculating on his career finally have something to actually source, rather than just rumor and speculation.
2. Hal Halpin is saying very sensible things about gamers and Jack Thompson; on GamePolitics, and in EGM.
3. Age of Conan quest designer Joel Bylos thinks World of Warcraft is losing its appeal. Maybe that's just wishful thinking?
4. GameStop is on the S&P 500 list, and for some reason people are acting surprised.
5. Valleywag is reporting that Gawker media boss, Nick Denton is going to be taking back the reins of news/gossip blog Gawker.com for a while. When he ran Valleywag itself for a short while, he doubled its traffic.
6. Nerd fact: Today is Wright Brothers Day. On December 17, 1903 (near Kitty Hawk, North Carolina) Orville and Wilbur Wright made their first flight.
7. Ubisoft's My French Coach is actually a pretty remarkable little educational game. It's part Brain Age, part Rosetta Stone. Now, what I really want to try is My Spanish Coach. Maybe tomorrow.